can i get photo id in usa if i am not legal?



David Leopold's picture

State and local identification documents are a matter of state law. Many states do not issue identification for undocumented immigrants. It's best to check with your state or local bureau of motor vehicles for local laws and regulations. If you are granted DACA and employment authorization the Department of Homeland Security will issue you an Employment Authorization Document (EAD) which will include your photo and other information about you and your eligibility for employment. In many states the EAD will permit you to apply for a driver's license or a state ID. However, as stated, the laws are different in each state, so it's best to check with your local bureau of motor vehicles. Please note, it is advisable to seek the advice of a licensed attorney before you contact state, local or federal authorities about your immigration status.

Last question answered

Answered 1 year 9 months ago