If I apply for DAPA, can I adjust my status if my citizen wife apply to adjust my status?



David Leopold's picture

Neither DACA or DAPA will give you lawful status. If you entered the U.S. without inspection or fraudulently you are are generally not eligible to adjust status in the U.S. However, if you were originally lawfully admitted or paroled into the U.S. and your spouse is a U.S. citizen you may qualify for adjustment of status based on an approved immigrant visa petition. I recommend that you consult with a licensed immigration attorney who can review the facts of your case and give you specific advice.

Last question answered

Answered 1 year 9 months ago