Will a Greencard holder able to file for children above 21 years old?

Here’s what else we won:[1] The Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program will be expanded to people who are older than 30 who came to this country before turning 16 years old and have been present since January 1, 2010. Parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents who have been present in the country since January 1, 2010 will be able to request deferred action and employment authorization for three years. The “Secure Communities” program will end and immigration officials will target only those who have been convicted of certain serious crimes or who pose a danger to national security.[2] [[[[[[[[[[[ Provisional waivers of unlawful presence will be expanded to include the spouses and sons and daughters of lawful permanent residents and the sons and daughters of U.S. citizens.]]]]]]]]]]] From the Statement above, will a GREEN CARD Holder, able to file for his children above 21 years old ?


David Leopold's picture

The fact that you have a green card does not make your son or daughter eligible for DACA or DAPA if they are undocumented. But they may qualify for DACA or DAPA on their own if they meet the eligibility requirements. See, http://www.uscis.gov/immigrationaction#2

Last question answered

Answered 1 year 9 months ago